About the Department
Civil engineering is the one of the most traditional engineering studies in India and civil engineering is considered as a single largest branch among all the engineering branches. The Civil Engineering discipline was started in the academic year 2011-2012 and offers a four-year course leading to the Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
The professional deals with planning, designing, constructing and maintaining of public works likes roads, bridges, tunnels, buildings, airports, dams, water works, sewage and sanitary system, irrigation systems, treatment plants etc.,
The Department is supported by teaching and non-teaching staff of rich and varied experience. The faculty of the department continues to strive loftier by exploring new frontiers of knowledge, imparting the latest technical knowledge to the students and conducting high quality of research. All laboratories in the Department are well furnished with the state-of-art equipments and software’s. The Department is offers a multitude of challenging career opportunities and gives innovative, creative ideas in field of civil engineering.
Short term Vision
- To possess and create knowledge capital to create job creators not job seekers.
- To create/nurture talent for changing needs of the man power resources in the country.
Long term Vision
- To impart engineering practices for sustainable development.
- To remain at the fore front of scientific and technology development.
- To become an active contributor in the economic and infra-structural development of country.
- To give the nation qualitative Civil Engineers, who can contribute for the construction of a better world with sophisticated infrastructural facilities, eco friendly houses, modern transportation facilities with a pollution free environment and to protect the precious natural resources of this planet.
Objective of the Department
- To have obtained a working knowledge in basic civil engineering areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering Materials, Water Resources, and Environmental Engineering.
- To encourage the students to undertake research and consultancy works and to have extended their knowledge in one or more of the aforementioned areas of civil engineering.
- To synergize the efforts of both students and staff to meet the ever-growing construction-needs of the industry.
- To provide opportunities for development of knowledge, soft skills & professional abilities to the faculty members & students.
- B.E (Civil Engineering) – 120 Seats
Computer Aided Drafting Laboratory
- The lab is primarily intended for the students to enrich them with the CAD Software which is established at an area of 250 sq. m.
- The lab was well furnished with 61 Desktop computers of 2 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, and 160 GB Hard disk Capacity and also armed with Windows xp Professional service pack3, MS Office 2007 and Symantec Endpoint Protection
- All systems are connected with Local Area Network with 1 GB per second speed and the lab is connected with a separate Blade type server.
- Drafting and modeling software includes 60 user licenses for Think 3 Design;10 user for AUTO CAD 2010
Our Surveying Laboratory contains measuring instruments for distance, vertical and horizontal angles, and elevation. It is also used for performing leveling surveys and transverse surveys, and for applying corrections to geodetic observations. All types of surveying instrumentation including Total station , GPS ,Theodolite ,Auto level, Dumpy level, Plane table, chain, Prismatic Compass, Surveyor’s, Substance Bar ,Tape, Leveling staff, Ranging rod, Cross Staff, Arrows, Plump bob, Survey umbrella, Pocket Stereoscope etc., are available in surveying laboratory.
Hydraulica And Fluid Mechanics Lab
The Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory offers a variety of equipment for experimenting with and analyzing various topics in fluid mechanics and hydraulic engineering including engineering properties of fluids, hydrostatics, fluid kinematics, fluid dynamics and open channel flow.
The major equipment in our laboratory includes: benches for determination of fluid properties including density, viscosity and surface tension, pressure measurement benches, center of pressure apparatus, Osbourne Reynold's Apparatus, Bernoulli's Apparatus, Vortex Apparatus, impact of jet apparatus, pipe losses apparatus, flow measurement apparatus, etc.
Strength of Materials Lab
Strength of Materials Laboratory offers facilities for testing building materials for their strength, behavior and suitability for various applications. The experimental work involved in this laboratory makes the student understand the fundamental modes of loading of the structures and also make measurements of loads, displacements and strains. Relating these quantities, the student obtains the strength of the material and stiffness properties of structural elements.
The various equipments available in the lab are, Torsion testing machine, Ultrasonic Testing Machine, spring testing machine, impact testing machine, mineral hardness testing, Rockwell hardness testing, deflection test on beams, compressometer, extensometer etc.