About the Department
Education is a tool to face the unknown difficulties of life as it has no formatted syllabus, set of questions or model answers. Thus we prepare our students to meet all the challenges in the life.
The Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a three year program and was established in the year 2008 with a sanctioned student intake of 60. The program is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The MCA course is designed to make software professionals in the field of Information Technology with a blend of Management techniques keeping emphasis on application with sound theoretical knowledge.
The students are trained to have a sound foundation in the fundamentals of computer technology, a high level of practical skill in the use of that technology and at the same time, be sensitive to the issues prevailing in the society. The students are trained in many subjects including Software Engineering, Data structures, Object Oriented Technology, Distributed Databases, Mobile Computing and Data Mining concepts.
This post graduate course focuses on both theoretical and practical application of computer technology in enabling the students to be knowledgeable in programming, analytical ability, Networking, Multimedia communication methods, Web Technologies, Data Mining concepts.
The department takes its own pride and privilege in exposing the students to the future of IT industries. Well established labs with all recent technologies, lead the students to endeavor themselves. Various technical activities and personality development programs have been conducted for the betterment of the students.
Our 2008-2011Batch students achieved a 100% result during their IV and V semester. Our 2009-2012 Batch students achieved a 100% result during their III semester. Our 2008-2011Batch Student V.Valarmathi has secured 43rd University Rank. Our 2009-2012 Batch Student K.Banu Priya has secured 38th University Rank in Anna university Coimbatore.
To provide an exploring technical knowledge in field of computer science. Providing a real time industrial exposure by the means of projects. Rich in values and excellence to bring a new level of inspiration among the students.
Objective of the Department
The MCA program aims at inculcating the knowledge in theory and laboratory. To develop the skill set of students and make them to analyze, design, code, test, implement & maintain a software product. The core objective this course is to:
- Train the students to work with the latest computer hardware and software technologies.
- Equip the students to met the competing global information technology challenges.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) - 60 Seats
The Department of MCA has the following Laboratories with necessary hardware and software’s:
PROGRAMMING WITH C LAB
- To study the grammar of ‘C’ language.
- Development of various programs using loop statements, jump statement, functions, string , friend Inline function ,arrays, structure, file handling etc.
- Data structure like linked list, stack, queue, tree, graph can be implemented using ‘C’.
- Implementing the concepts of bit manipulations, enumerations, file processing.
- Further this programming skill can be used in the development of application as well as system software.
DATA STRUCTURE LAB
- Various operations and programming languages are used in the implementation of data structures concepts using merge sort, Depth First Search and Breadth Frist Search .
- The quality and performance of large systems heavily depend on the data structures used.
- Various building blocks of programming languages like arrays, trees, records etc can be easily understand using data structure lab.
- Learning the concept of Dijkstra’s algorithm, Huffman’s algorithm
- To implement various interfaces between functions and to access storage of data in a structured manner.
- Students learn the concept of data organization.
OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LAB
- To map the real world in programming form.
- To implement the concepts of object oriented programming like encapsulation, data abstraction inheritance, polymorphism and streams.
- To study Generic programming using Templates, Function Templates.
- To illustrate the concept of function templates, template class, forms of Inheritance.
- To control run time errors using Exception handling.
WEB PROGRAMMING LAB
- To create a web document and learning concepts of Internet Connection.
- To study hypertext markup language, specialized commands and tags for WWW documents that allow one to specify hyperlinks, lists, paragraph and attributes.
- To design web page for applications such as railway ticket reservation, hotel management etc.,
- Implementing the concept of RMI, PNR number enquiry.
- To Create and usage of Java Bean.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Use of structured query language (SQL) as a data definition language, data manipulation language & data control language.
- To create views, scripts, triggers and transactions.
- To create Embedded SQL or Database Connectivity.
- Working with forms, menus, and reports, PL/SQL.
- Implementation of security and permissions in SQL server.
- Design entity relationship models for business problem & develop a normalized database structure.
VISUAL PROGRAMMING LAB
- To design graphical user interface programming.
- To implement database connectivity using OLEDB, ADO (ActiveX Data objects).
- To create a database applications using data control & file system controls.
- Performing the dynamic controls based applications in slider control, Progress control, inheriting CTreeView.
- To develop application programs such as pay roll, attendance calculation, Internal mark calculation, online exam, telephone bill generation, etc.,
- Implementation of Dialog based application using calculator, interest computation.
- To create and use ActiveX controls.
NETWORK PROGRAMMING LAB
- Process Management in UNIX.
- To learn communication between processes and terminals using RPC, TCP.
- Basic and advanced shell programming which is the most important feature of UNIX.
- Handling GUI of UNIX Operating system.
- To create a socket programming using TCP, UDP.
- Handling VI editor.
- To learn the concept of simulation of sliding window protocol.
- To develop the application such as DNS, HTTP, E-Mail, and Multi- user chat.
- To study the basics of System Administration of a UNIX system.
- This lab used to form two dimensional and three dimensional images.
- It provides algorithms for line and circle drawing.
- Clipping, Pipeline of Images can be done.
- To perform operations such as Transformation, rotation and scaling.
- To study the basic concepts of animation and multimedia presentations.
- To study the concepts of Image enhancement, Image Transformation.
- To learn the concept Image manipulation and Image optimization for web.
- To Creat GIF animated images with textual illustrations.
- To understand the concepts used extensively in object oriented programming.
- To study unique features of JAVA such as packages and interfaces.
- To create and implement applets and servlets.
- To illustrate the concepts of project planning, Software Design, Debugging, Data modeling, Implementation.
- To develop the application of Library, Telephone Dictionary, simulator software for parallel processing operation.
- To illustrate the use of advanced concepts like multithreading and graphics and it covers exception handling.